Affiliate marketing statistics Before defining the term and analyzing this concept of affiliate marketing, it is helpful to have in mind a couple of statistics that illustrate the state of affiliate marketing in the business world at this moment.
- Approximately 15% of the digital media industry’s revenue now comes from affiliate marketing. (BusinessInsider)
- Over 50% of top affiliate programs fall into 4 categories: Fashion, Sports, Health & Beauty, Travel (AMNavigator)
- Top factors for choosing an affiliate program are product or service relevancy (18.15%), affiliate program reputation (15.97%) and affiliate network or tracking platform (11.58%). (AffStat)
- The most common places to find new affiliate programs include information on the merchant’s website, searches on Google and affiliate network websites. (AffStat) • Affiliate marketing will affect 14% of all e-commerce purchases in the United States. (DigitalCommerce360)
- With the power of social media, content publishers, and a plethora of digital media readily available at their fingertips, today’s consumers are more educated and shopper-savvy than ever before. (Rakuten)
- When it comes to purchasing decision, price point had the most influence on a Millennial (62%), outweighing recommendations from a friend (55%), brand reputation (47%), and product quality (35%). (Rakuten)
- Mobile devices were crucial for Millennial mothers to search for the best possible price of a product (79.4%), read reviews (68.9%), and download coupons (67.1%). Even in-store shopping was greatly influenced by Millennial mobile users, with over half (52%) comparing prices to other retailers. (Rakuten)
- More than 30% of affiliate-generated sales originate from a mobile device. (Awin) • Nearly 50% of affiliate-referred traffic originates from a mobile device. (Awin)
- 40% of marketing professionals quote affiliate marketing as the most desired digital skill. (AMNavigator)
What we can conclude about affiliate marketing is the following:
- Affiliate marketing has (and will continue to have) an important role in e-commerce.
- Affiliate marketing is an amazing opportunity to increase sales (and revenue) for both merchants and affiliates.
- Content is the best way to promote affiliate links.
- Working on authenticity and reputation is the best way to earn credibility online and thus increase the profitability of affiliate marketing.
- Mobile is affecting affiliate marketing as well, which means mobile user experience is something merchants and affiliates need to focus on
This Post Has 8 Comments
I would like to thank you for the efforts youve put in writing this website. I am hoping to view the same high-grade content by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now 😉
Thank you soo much 💓
After I originally commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I receive 4 emails with the exact same comment. Is there a way you are able to remove me from that service? Thank you!
Thank you 😊
You ought to take part in a contest for one of the highest quality blogs on the net. I will recommend this website!
Thanks for your feedback
An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment. I believe that you should write more about this issue, it may not be a taboo subject but typically folks dont speak about these subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!
Thank you 😊